Make these pretty jars for Mother's Day
27 Apr 2016
Make these prettily painted containers out of old jars, then fill them with succulents (or chocolates!) for a creative Mother’s Day gift.
You will need:
- 38mm Angle Brush
- Resene Waterborne Smooth Surface Sealer
- Various glass jars
- Potting mix
- Resene testpots - we have used Resene Snapshot, Resene Sakura, Resene Ditto and Resene Dusted Blue
1. Clean and dry the jars.
2. Apply one coat of Resene Waterborne Smooth Surface Sealer to the outside of each glass jar using the brush. Glass is notoriously difficult to paint but with Resene Waterborne Smooth Surface Sealer, it’s a breeze. Allow to dry.
3. Apply two coats of your selected Resene testpot colours to the outside of each jar using the brush, allowing drying time between each coat.
4. Once dry, fill your jars with potting mix and place succulents inside.
- You could apply patterns, shapes or designs to the jars.
- Use the jars as small vases for flower posies.
- Fill the jars with your mum’s favourite chocolates or sweets.