Make a magazine rack
26 Oct 2017
Keep your favourite magazines on hand with this sleek, X-frame magazine rack – it's so easy to make! We've stained ours using Resene Colorwood Dark Oak, with a Scandi-inspired pattern painted in Resene Chalk Dust.
You will need
- Resene testpot in Colorwood Dark Oak stain
- Resene testpot in Resene Chalk Dust
- 2 pieces of plywood, 600mm long X 300mm wide X 20mm thick
- Two paint brushes
- Painter's tape
- At the middle of the length of each plywood panel, cut out a piece measuring 150mm long X 20mm wide using a jig saw.
- Stain the panels on both sides, and wipe excess off with a cloth. Leave to dry.
- Use the painter's tape to mask off the stripe pattern.
- Paint the stripes, remove the tape, and leave to dry.
- Interlock the two pieces together, fill with your favourite magazines, and it's good to go!
Do you have a home full of wonderful Resene paint and colour? Send us some snaps by emailing editor Sharon Newey on [email protected].