DIY: Painted silhouettes
02 Mar 2017
Silhouette art is an elegant and timeless way to display portraits of your loved ones. Here's a simple DIY that modernises silhouettes, and would look great anywhere in the home. All it takes is one Resene testpot, pieces of wood offcuts, and a few other accessories.
You will need
Printed photos of your kids, yourself, pets, etc. taken in profile (on the side), scissors, double-sided tape/Blu-Tack®, pencil, offcut pieces of wood, craft paintbrushes, and testpot in Resene Triple Blanc.
- Taking the photos, cut around the silhouette of the subject's head to use as an outline.
- Using double-sided tape or Blu-Tack®, stick them to your wood.
- With the pencil, draw around your head cut-outs onto the wood.
- Paint the outline of the head with a small paintbrush and Resene Triple Blanc testpot.
- With a bigger paint brush, paint the interior of the head.
- Repeat until all the silhouettes are complete.
Project and photographs by Fleur Thorpe.